Fitness Instructor - Ongoing
The Fitness Instructor is responsible to assist in the planning and delivery of fitness programs offered by the department of Parks, Recreation and Culture and the supervision of the program participants; ensure compliance with fitness standards, HIGH FIVE® standards, the Health and Safety Regulations and Municipal Policies and procedures in cooperation with the Supervisor Recreation and Culture, Recreation Program Coordinator, and/or Older Adult Activity Coordinator.
Positions are available immediately! Variable hours based on program schedule; Programs offered Monday through Sunday.
Benefits and Perks
- Optional OMERS Pension Plan from the date of hire
- Work-life Balance Initiatives
- Wellness, Social and Staff Ambassador Committees
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Perks and Savings Partnerships
$25.00 - $40.00 per hour, based on specialty, education, and experience
- Certification as a general fitness instructor with CanFit Pro, CFES Certification, Seniors Fitness Instructor Course, TRX Suspension Trainer, etc.
- Specialty certifications such as Yoga, Pilates, Dance, Zumba is an asset.
- Standard First Aid, CPR “C” with AED.
- Experience working with adults and older adult groups.
- HIGH FIVE ®: Principles of Healthy Aging is preferred.
- Valid and satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check.
- In consultation with the applicable Coordinator, plan the assigned Fitness program(s); conduct research to expand knowledge of the program and to incorporate the information learned into the program delivery.
- Organize the program to be offered and deliver the program in a positive and professional manner, creating an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants.
- Lead the Fitness program and supervise the participants throughout the duration of the program; ensure the safety of all participants.
- Resolve operational conflicts in a timely and professional manner, taking into consideration operations, procedures and customer service standards.
- Assist with setup/tear down of program rooms where Fitness classes are being held.
- Availability and flexibility to work days, evenings and weekends
- Indoor and outdoor work environment.
- Standing, sitting, running, jumping, dancing etc. associated with active participation in fitness programs is required.
Submit an Application
Please submit your cover letter and resume on via: Online at www.porthope.ca/careers
Applications will be reviewed, and interviews may be scheduled prior to the job posting closing date. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and is used to determine eligibility for potential employment. The Municipality of Port Hope is an equal opportunity Employer. Work accommodations are available, upon request, in the recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.